Who am I? I'm The Wicked Stepmother!!

So, I need to take the opportunity to introduce myself...I am The Wicked Stepmother!

Actually, I'm not that wicked...nor am I officially the stepmother yet....but I wanted to have the opportunity to share my experiences as a stepmother with you all.

Life is not a fairy tale, although it does have its moments. I am a mum of four, mum to two step-munchkins, and a full-time teacher, currently living with my partner of three years, and, although ours is a bit of a fairy tale romance, our journey together over the last three years has been more of a horror story!

Where did it all start?! Well, I met my current partner when I was 17 years old and he was my first and only true love (Please feel free to vomit at this point!). There was twelve months of pure, unadulterated teenage love...then he dumped me! Cue hours of teenage despair and wallowing! Despite this, he remained the love of my life, and I always maintained that I wouldn't know what I would ever do if I met him again....although I clearly know now!

We had no contact for 19 years, until I accidentally came across him as a friend of a friend on Facebook. (Damn you, Facebook....which coincidentally is now cited in one third of all divorce cases!). I sent him a message congratulating him on the birth of his second child (a daughter) which he didn't see until twelve months later! (He is still a useless technophobe!).

So New Year's Eve 2013 approached, and I was sitting on the sofa alone (as the husband had gone to bed) drooling after Gary Barlow (I am 40!) when my phone pinged - It was him! So we messaged for a bit...and he finally admitted the reason why he had dumped me...He had cheated on me all those years ago. The Bastard!

But I now had a reason for why he had dumped me....after feeling like I was nothing for all those years...so what did I agree to?! I agreed to meet him for a drink. You might be asking why...and why I had no self-respect...Well, I planned to walk into that pub, looking the best I could, have a drink then walk out and leave him with my head held high.

But I couldn't. I walked in and saw him, and every old feeling came rushing back. I was in an unhappy marriage as was he, and I had always carried a torch for him, so when he asked me to meet again, I was powerless to resist.

So, I met him again...and again...again...until the point came when it was all or nothing. We left our spouses and moved in together. Then, unexpectedly (as we are both apparently infertile and have IVF children!), we found out we were expecting a daughter together, who is now two years old. Would I change it? No!

So why am I blogging after such a fairy tale story?! Because of the ex-wife! The last three years have been hell. False allegations to the Police and Social Services, parental alienation of the step-munchkins, false allegations to both our workplaces...and the list could go on!

I want to be able to allow others to see that they are not alone. We have successfully fought our own court cases and taken on Social Services. It's been hard and has take it's toll but we want to support others and bring people together.

Finally, I may be The Wicked Stepmother, but I don't have the warts...maybe the odd mole and chin hair lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Five Tuesday! Five things I wish I had never started!

Top Five Tuesday! Five Things I Have Learned During The School Holidays!

Selling The Castle